Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Fine Day Of Stitching!

On Saturday, October, 15th. There was a lovely gathering of Sisters at Ann's place.
The gorgeous piece of work in the first picture is Megan's "Homage To Mary Brown" in the process of being hand-quilted!
This photo is Deb stitching away on "Homage To SallyAnne"...
Here is a block from Sue's quilt. A wedding present. It is an original Art Deco design. Hand pieced and hand appliqued............a near-future masterpiece!
See!..when we get together we actually do stitch!.....after solving the world's problems of course!!
And having a really yummy lunch
Sue working on the Art Deco quilt, blacks, browns, creams and reds. Wow!!
These next two blocks may seem familiar! They are from Di's Wedding Album quilt
Great colours and fussy-cutting!
Ann owns these blocks and after a rest has taken up the challange of completing the quilt. Which reminds me..I should really get back to mine!
Megan is busy on another of Di's quilts "The Sarah Morrell Album Quilt"
Mmmmm!!!.........another one for me to get on with!!!
Merri is creating the center-piece to her version of "Homage To Mary Brown"
The second photo shows her progress.
That's it for another very busy, but delightful gathering. A couple of the Sisters where missing: Clare has family committments and Di was winging her way o'seas to Holland.
As for me?......I was behind the camera! ..and working on The Antique Baskets quilt.
Until next time.
Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

  1. The Art Deco design intrigues me. I hope you will keep posting pictures as the maker progresses on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see what all you gals are working on.....every piece is so beautiful! I can't get enough of all that wonderful applique work you all do! Fabulous! And thanks for sharing it all with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to ask if Megan can quilt my Mary Brown too??
    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing the progress on all those wonderful quilts!! I would love to see more of Sue's Art Deco quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects....always fun to see what you are all working on.
    Those wedding sampler blocks are BEAUTIFUL, love the fabrics.
    Oh the Mary Brown quilt is wonderful. What an accomplishment finishing that quilt and hand quilting it now perfect!
    I love Merri's fabric choice for the background of her Mary Brown quilt, whose fabric is that.
    Choosing different background fabrics is something I am working on rather then just white/cream solid.
    I am always inspired by your work ladies
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such inspiring works! I really love the Art Deco piece and echo previous comments that I hope we get to see more:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last saturday Di was in Zutphen ( Netherlands) and showed the Antique Wedding Sampler,he is gorgeous ans more then that.Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the homage to Mary Brown!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Thank you so much for your lovely blog! I love your quilts! It’s so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathi, my fabric for Mary Brown background is very ols as it has been in my cupboard as a PhD for some years. I purchased a full bolt of it & think it is called Maywood but not entirely sure. It is "yellowish" so replicates the original picture of it ( oh, and it has lovely little white birds holding flags in their beaks) Goes well with all those mad birds in the blogs
    cheers Merri

    ReplyDelete

  11. RR
    ใครชื่นชอบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ต้องไม่พลาดในการเข้ามาร่วมสนุกกับเกม Golden Ox
    จากค่ายเกมสล็อตยอดฮิตอย่าง Pragmatic Play โดยสามารถเข้ามาเล่นเกม สล็อตฟรีเครดิต เกมนี้ ได้ที่ Superslot 98
    แล้วคุณจะได้พบกับ สล็อตเครดิตฟรีไม่ต้องแชร์ อีกมากมายกว่าพันเกม
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete