Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year and a New Quilt!

How else does a quilter begin a new year other than start a new project!

I have been working hard to finish "Deb's Not Quite Telling the Truth Applique Quilt (for beginners)" and sewed the final stitches last night so am now rewarding myself by starting "Phebe". Never mind that behind the cupboard door you will find any number of UFOs!

I have chosen one of the French General Rounneries range for the background and then spent a pleasant morning going through my stash and auditioning fabrics. What do you think?




Now the real the fun begins and I can't wait to start the centre medallion. But first all the preparation: tracing the design, cutting the templates and checking the colour placement.

Who knows how long it will take to finish but I promise to post regular progress reports.
Until next time,
Meghan
PS. I will upload some photos of DNQTTT after our next sewing day. It is soooooooo big I cannot take any decent pictures without help.






4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Meghan. I'm starting Phebe too but had a seniors moment. Was waiting for the centre fabric to arrive (gee this is taking a long time) and then realised I hadn't actually ordered it - der! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful!
    oh looks like I may have to do some fabric shopping
    love that fabric for the background...guess I need to pull that pattern out and think about it!
    Or should I start Deb's DNQTTTAQ !!!!
    Can't wait to see yours done, hope your all getting to sew together soon!
    Happy New Year!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. RR
    ใครชื่นชอบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ต้องไม่พลาดในการเข้ามาร่วมสนุกกับเกม Golden Ox
    จากค่ายเกมสล็อตยอดฮิตอย่าง Pragmatic Play โดยสามารถเข้ามาเล่นเกม สล็อตฟรีเครดิต เกมนี้ ได้ที่ Superslot 98
    แล้วคุณจะได้พบกับ สล็อตเครดิตฟรีไม่ต้องแชร์ อีกมากมายกว่าพันเกม
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

  4. RR
    เกม Candy Dreams ค่าย EVO Play จากเว็บไซต์ ซูเปอร์สล็อต 98 ที่เต็มไปด้วยความดึงดูดของโลกแห่งขนมหวาน
    ไม่ว่าจะเป็นอมยิ้ม ช็อกโกแลต หรือขนมหวานแสนอร่อย มาพร้อมกับกราฟิกที่มีความน่ารัก
    ผู้เล่นทุกคนจะได้เพลิดเพลินไปกับบรรยากาศแห่งการเอาชนะอันแสนหวานและโบนัสที่มีไม่รู้จบ
    ภายในตัวเกมได้มีรางวัลใหญ่หรือที่เราเรียกว่ารางวัลแจ็กพอตซ่อนอยู่ภายในเกม หากคุณคือผู้โชคดีอาจจะได้รับรางวัลก้อนโตได้โดยไม่รู้ตัว
    สล็อต888
    สล็อต888

    ReplyDelete