Thursday, October 28, 2010

A big thank-you...



From left to right, Sue, Julie, Di, Clare, Meghan, Merri
Absent: Ann, Barb, Deb, Kerry and Chris

On behalf of the Sisters I would like to say thank you to everyone who visited Quilts in the Barn and for all the wonderfully kind and overwhelmingly complimentary comments we have received, both on the days of the show and following via this amazing online quilting community.

When we were first invited by Linda to be the featured exhibitors we were very excited and rather flattered to think we were going to have our very own quilt hanging. After the show all I can say is how humbled we have been by your reaction to our quilts.

To my fellow Sisters, a big thank you as well. I began my patchwork and quilting journey in 2004 to try and counterbalance a hectic working life that saw me frequently traveling overseas and sometimes away for extended periods of time. Little did I know that this creative passion would bring in to my life an amazing group of women, all unique, who quickly grew to become friends.

From meeting other quilters and from the many blogs I read, I know my experience is a common one. How lucky we all are!

Until next time....

Meghan

4 comments:

  1. It has been a pleasure to come down to my computer each morning to see such fantastic eye candy. You are all very talented ladies , please keep at it as you inspire us lesser mortals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on such a great show. Couldn't get there in person but with modern technology, it almost felt like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are all so beautiful. Meeting all you ladies was the best for me. To be there and support the good course for women was a bonus. Linda is so generous to host this even every year. Thanks again I really enjoyed the show.
    Hugs
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done to you all, a good event, so much pleasure for so many who appreciate the work involved, both in the quilts and putting together a good exhibition! many thanks!

    ReplyDelete