Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quilts in the Barn

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the long delay in posting. The sisters have been working their fingers to the bone, trying to finish quilts for the upcoming Quilts in the Barn exhibit which will be featuring our quilts this year.

If you have been to Quilts in the Barn before, you will know that Linda puts on a fabulous event with beautiful quilts, in a glorious setting. All monies raised are for breast cancer research. If you haven't been before, now is your chance! There will be afternoon tea available, Corliss from Threadbear will have a stall there and Di will have some of her patterns for sale- what more can I say? Oh yes - we have a raffle quilt


beautifully quilted by Helen Hayes. It is called the Sisters Peony quilt - we all love it so much we want to win it ourselves! Again all money raised goes for Breast Cancer research. Raffle tickets will be on sale at the exhibition and some local quilt shops also are selling them.

If you are reading this blog, and you can get to the exhibition, please do say hi to one of the sisters, we'd love to meet you and put a face to the names. Linda has a selection of around 100 quilts to choose from - I think she hangs about 70 depending on size, so we'll wait and see what goes up.

So where and when?


If you click on the poster it should enlarge so you can read the details.

Hope to meet some of you there and raise some money for this worthy cause.

Deb

Edited to add: In my haste to get this post out before something else happens at work - I neglected to say - "and of course say hi to Linda" who so generously hosts this annual event. In the meantime go check out her blog Quilts in the Barn

17 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all your wonderful quilts ~ it has become a tradition that a few girlfriends meet to view the quilts, & then sit and chat over morning tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really, really, really hoping to get there and I'm really, really, really hoping to win the raffle quilt :o).....sigh!!
    Hope to see you there..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there!! Don't forget to come and say hello to me too!! Can't wait. Its all getting so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been before and I am planning to get there this year. Can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, so how can I buy some raffle tickets for this beautiful quilt????

    welcome home!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be there and can't wait! I hope to meet up with Lizzie and you again. I hope to win the raffle quilt too - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes How can us overseas quilt nuts buy raffle tickets? I would love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you have so many lovely things to show or tell to us, you don't have to apology for the delay. I think everyone understands that it takes a lot of work and you can only spend your time once! At least that's the way I think about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I wish I was closer so I could go too..
    Love that quilt..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The raffle quilt is a beauty. It certainly must have taken a lot of hours to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck for your exhibition...I am sure it will be a great success...I wish it was not so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. are raffle tickets available to us yankees?
    Love the idea of this event and wish I could go

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just came home from viewing all your beautiful quilts, so inspiring. I will post some photos on my blog and send anyone with questions back here. Thank you for the inspiration. I was the one who complimented some of you at the front of the barn before seeing any of your work. Hope I have the lucky ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Secret Sisters, Just wanted to thank you all for allowing us to view your beautiful quilts. My friends and I had a wonderful time visiting Quilts in the Barn and we were all in awe of the work you have done. We loved every quilt there! It was also lovely to meet some of you and finally put some names to faces - Deb, hopefully we can catch up some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for an inspiring exhibition of magnificent quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Ladies for what I can only say was a real thrill to see all your lovely Quilts and to put some faces to Names. Thanks to Julie for the special preview of your Burnt Quilt and your kindness to me. XX

    ReplyDelete